In the past years, textured ceiling was used a lot in the houses as they helped to absorb sound as well as echoes. But as the time has evolved, it has fallen out of style and it is not being used these days. But, the matter of fact is that it is still used in a lot of homes and they are indeed quite difficult to remove.
While many homeowners try it out on their own but they fail to do on their own. So, it is kind of task that should be better justify to be done to the experts. The reason is that it is quite difficult to execute and at the same time you may have a lot of safety concerns associated with it.
Popcorn Ceiling Removal Process
We will first try to understand what it actually means. The paint based ceiling treatment used to have white asbestos but after the 1970s it started using the paper-based model to create the texture. Hence, removing it can be a very difficult process and it certainly depends on the kind of material that is being used.
A lot of steps are being used to remove any textured based ceiling treatment. We have jotted down the steps so that it gives you an idea about the process that is involved for the same.
Here are the steps that are involved in popcorn ceiling removal:-
- We remove the fixtures and light switches present in the room.
- We full mask the floors and furniture due to the dust, residue, and material removed during the process.
- Unpainted stucco can be quite easy to remove as it just needs a water-based solution so that it can dissolve the stucco.
- Painted stucco in comparison is quite difficult to remove as it requires increased efforts.
- After the removal, the substrate is filled fully so that new flat finish is provided.
- The new filling is primed and sanded and then a finish coat will be applied.
- All the material that would be removed would further be cleaned and vacuumed.
Benefits of Removing Popcorn Ceiling
There are a lot of benefits that are associated with removing popcorn ceiling as it gives a modern and sleek look. In addition, it can be also a very good idea to remove the popcorn ceiling if you are selling your home anytime soon as many homeowners would shy away with the fact that they would have to do extra renovations while moving into a new house.
In addition, after a period of time, it can start to get yellow and it can indeed look quite dull. This can also occur due to water damage. If you wish to live in that property for a long time, it is better to remove it rather than painting it again and again.
If you want to remove the popcorn ceiling, then we would be more than happy to assist you. All you need to do is email us or give us a call. Hurry up! Avail the services today!